Monday, July 11, 2011

The big 2-8!

This past week I celebrated my 28th Birthday! Just saying it makes me feel old & tired. :) I woke up in a really bad mood. I don't know why, but honestly, the last few years on my Birthday, I'm super cranky. I think getting older is especially hard for me. That & Birthdays were so exciting when I was growing up, that now, nothing compares to those fun days I had celebrating as kid, and it just makes me in a bad mood, let down since I have such high expectations.
But I woke up to streamers on my bedroom door, & a decorated house, and my Dave's version of "making me breakfast"... ( a bagel, a yogurt, & a pile of taffy... hahahaha.. oh & a box of bisquick, like he had intentions of baking me pancakes or something... hilarious)



My Day started out crappy, because I just wanted to be in a bad mood. It ended up being one of the best Birthdays ever. My husband always works so hard to make me feel special, and like a princess. I love him so much. I really love love love him!
He gave me my first real diamond earrings. Love them. Love him!
We went to dinner with 13 family members from my side & Dave's. It was awesome. Sydnie was such a good baby at the restaurant & slept most of the time so I could eat & enjoy!


When I got home it was overcast, and sunset, and lightly drizzling.. My favorite. So I got on my bike & turned up the tunes, & went on a bike ride by myself, & reflected on the year-- soooo much has changed in my life. My entire life is not the same as it was a year ago. A year ago I found out I was pregnant. And nothing in my life has been the same since! I have been so blessed this year. We bought our first house, moved 2 times, had a baby, quit my job... It's been crazy, but honestly, THE happiest, & BEST year of my life!! As I was riding my bike I thought about all this, and how happy I was to be alive & healthy-- and to have all the wonderful things I have. All in all, it was a great Birthday.

My entire family pitched in and got me this amazing firepit... so the next night a backyard Birthday BBQ was in order!
It was a blast!


We ended the night by lighting some sparklers...


All in all, it was an amazing Birthday. :)

2 comments:

C.LEE said...

I know what you mean by being disappointed by your birthdays. It seems like the last few years that is how I have been feeling. I am glad it turned into a great day for you!

Tyson. Jacque. Jackson. Mason said...

Im glad that you got spoiled, you totally deserve it! ps. you dont even look like you just had a baby -NOT FAIR!