Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July weekend

What a fun Holiday! I absolutely LOVE this time of year. Since I was little, I always knew that the 4th of July meant my Birthday was just a few days away, so it made it that much more exciting. I love the BBQ's, the sunny weather, swimming, popsicles, ice cream, sprinklers...etc etc! It was so fun this year to dress Sydnie up in Red, White, & blue... just like my Mom always dressed me.
We started off the Holiday weekend with a BBQ on Saturday in our Backyard with some friends & their kids. Sydnie would NOT go to bed, she was too wound up with all the excitement, so we kept her up with us. I think she looks so cute in her little white onsie (what she has been sleeping in these days because it's been so hot) She was just so happy to be up with everyone, it was funny. She stayed up for fireworks & all!



On the 4th of July, we had made plans to go swimming for the first time with Syd at my Grandpa's pool. I wasn't going to let a little rain stop that! The day was overcast with a little rain. But we still got in the pool, only for a few minutes... but she loved it! I knew she would, because she LOVES the bath. And my Grandpa keeps his pool super warm.

Later that evening, we had family over here for another BBQ & fireworks. We discovered that we have a perfect view of the Country Club fireworks from our front yard! It was awesome, we didn't have to go anywhere. We BBQ'ed chicken, and ate all night long, and did our own firework show. It was a fun day!


Sydnie has a cousin that was born 4 months before her, and we want them to be best friends, so we always pose them together. Haha. They don't like it as much as we do. But we think they are adorable!! Best Cousins forever!! Carter is a cute little boy, we love him! It's funny, because Sydnie is so tall, they are the same length, he's just a little guy in length. So it's hilarious when we put them next to each other, his head looks giant next to her. We call him Mega-mind. hehe.


AWESOME HOLIDAY! Can't wait for more summer fun!

No comments: