Friday, October 15, 2010

So Happy. :)

Well, I opted to be part of a Research Study going on at my Dr's clinic for 1st time Mom's. It basically monitors Mom's more closely, and lets me get extra cool ultrasounds, so I agreed to be a part of it.
Dave & I arrived at the appointment yesterday, at 4:30, and we waited for nearly a half an hour before we even saw ANYONE to check us in. I was fuming mad, pregnancy horomones raging at this point. The lady could see it written all over my face how pissed off I was. haha. I didn't mean to be so mad, but what can I say, my temper is short these days! So, to apologize for making me wait, they gave me an extra long ultrasound, and gave me a DVD of it... (which I will be posting soon, as soon as Dave can figure out how to get it on here) It was SOOOO cool! I had only had one ultrasound with my Doctor on my first appointment, that lasted like maybe 2 minutes, and we got one picture out of that.
So this time it was like 10 minutes, and we saw the baby, squirm, punch, kick & move around! We saw actual fingers, toes, feet, nose, lips! It was INSANE. It made it all so much more real. Oh my gosh, we were just dying at how cool it was. You don't really realize how real it is this far along, (almost 14 weeks) because you don't feel the baby... you don't really look pregnant (although my pants are starting to get tight...eek) and it just doesn't seem like anything is going on. So to take a peak inside and see that cute little baby playing around, getting annoyed at us poking at him (yes I think it's a him!) it was just the highlight of my LIFE! Yes, you read that right, the highlight of my LIFE!
I can't tell you how HAPPY I am, how happy WE ARE. This is truly such an amazing experience, and I feel so lucky & blessed that I have this little baby growing inside me. Such an incredible thing.
I can't wait to meet you little baby! April can't come soon enough.
Check out some of the shots.

Little fist! How cute is this?!? I love that little hand!

Look at that cute little profile, lips & nose!

So cute! I love you so much already baby!

No comments: