Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I feel the need... the need to READ!

So this past summer, when I picked up the Twilight series, I began my journey of reading for pleasure... I had no idea that I enjoyed reading so much until I picked up Twilight. Ever since, I started to read like crazy... And I got really into murder mystery books, and other vampire books, and just whatever I heard was good.

I need a new good book to read. Dave is super obsessed with reading, is in a book club, (he is a major nerd), but we have totally different reading styles. So I usually don't get into the books he is reading, & the other way around.

The last FAVORITE really good book I read was The Hunger Games... Who ever has not read this book, NEEDS to go out and get it. It's one of those where you finish it in like a day or two cause it's really exciting and an easy read. I absolutely loved it.



And if you like it... there is good news! In September the 2nd book is coming out. (and rumor has it she is writing a third right as well!)

COMING SEPT 2009

Anyway, I need some book suggestions... please suggest away! I've been in a slump, and not read much, and I need something to kick my love for reading back into gear.

4 comments:

Dave Geurts said...

Awesome, I cant wait... hunger games was a fun one!

the cole family said...

I saw The Da Vinci Code on Dave's list, but not yours. THAT is a good book! I haven't read Angels and Demons yet, but it's on my list!

Anonymous said...

I've heard about Hunger Games too... I almost bought it once but didn't know anyone personally that had read and liked it besides online reviews. Now I know!!!

If you like murder mysteries, read The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. It's one of my absolute favorites! And from what I can tell, we like the same kind of books, so I think you'll dig it. Also read anything by Mary Higgins Clark because she writes killer suspense books. The most recent ones of hers I read was Two Little Girls in Blue and You Belong to Me. Both are SUPER good.

Chelsea said...

Kris I steal book ideas from you, you can't run out of them!!! I have been wanting to read hunger games- glad you liked it.