Thursday, April 2, 2009

change is a good thing...

So, my Mom lives in AZ.... and well, I go visit there a lot! Like several times a year. Dave has never come with me. Why you ask? Because Dave says I'd enjoy spending time alone with my Mom more (aka Dave gets a weekend of freedom watching soccer and making messes and eating whatever he wants). Also, he says he wants to save up his vacation time for a "Real Vacation"...

I have quite a bit of vacation time considering I've worked at Sinclair for over 7 years, so taking a Friday off here or there is not a big deal.

Anywho... onto my point. After these last 2 recent visits, and being in lovely weather in the middle of winter, and spending lots of time with my Mom... a lightbulb went off in my head! "Why in the heck don't we move out here!!?" I hate the winter (although I love to ski), I love the sun, and no offense to Utah, but I wouldn't mind getting the heck out of here for a few years.

So while I was there, my Moms spouse took me to see some houses since he is a realtor. BIG MISTAKE. I was sold on a house, and now all I can do is think about moving there.

So, we are considering the move... although in this economy the job market can be scary, so we both need to find good stable jobs first. But, it's definitly something we are considering, Dave says "IF" he can find an awesome job... right now there is nothing he is interested in, but I told him to just keep on looking every week.

So cross your fingers for me (or us) cause I really want this to happen!! :) I'm hoping & praying & wishing upon a star that this amazing job that comes along in the Phoenix area for Dave....

Look how awesome this house is: (it has a pool/hot tub/ outdoor firepit & grill... what more could we ask for?)



Oh... and also... we just booked a trip to MAUI! We're doing our honeymoon over... exactly... staying at the same place & everything. And I can't wait. 2 months & 3 weeks to go! We invited our friends Don & Lyndsey to come with us, so it will be fun to go with them.

Maui HERE WE COME! (view from the hotel balcony...ahhhh, pure bliss!)


Other than that... there is not much to update at this point! We're a bit boring!! :)

4 comments:

Stacey said...

NO! DON'T GO! Okay fine, you can. I've told Kelly so many times we're moving to AZ because I'm so sick and tired of being cold. We never will though because our family is here. That would be fun for you to be close to your mom. It could also be fun because Brett Duncan and his wife live there, and Bridgette is so nice. That house is so cute too! You would love that. Good luck on the job hunt.

the fellers said...

oh that would be so much fun for you, that house is gorgeous! love it! We would miss you guys though!

Anonymous said...

I love the house, but Im praying that you dont go so mine will counter act yours and you will have to stay!! Also Im a bit jealous of your vacation coming up...Think of me while you are sipping pina coladas in the sun!

Peggy said...

Wow.. that is a neat house. But hey we would miss you both. Would you let me come and visit and swim in your pool? If so then you can go!