Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Well I normally don't post this much on the blog, because there is usually not anything too exciting to blog about. But then the Holidays come along, and so much is going on, and this is almost like a mini journal to help me write down on these memories!
So this week we got a tree, for our own home, and with my Dad & his family. I love picking out the perfect Christmas tree. The past few years I've done a fake one, but this year I decided to go for a real one. It doesn't really hold up all my big ornaments as well as a fake tree does, but oh well! Its up and decorated!
And I got some sweet new ornaments this year, that I love! (excuse the crappy quality of the tree and ornament pictures, it was on my cell phone)






































This week we also had my company Christmas party... well for us there is a special significance to this party, because 6 years ago it was our VERY FIRST date! I needed a date to the party, and Dave was a friend of my older brother Kasey, and he hung around at our place a lot, and I thought he was fun, and just asked him if he'd come to this "dumb Christmas party" with me, trying to make it seem like it was not really a date, so he didn't get any ideas... well, who knew that after that date we'd fall in love and date for 5 years (way too long) and then get married! Sinclair, where I work, always does an amazing Christmas party, either held at The Grand or Little America, and they always have a centerpiece that someone at your table will win... and every year except for one, we have always won the centerpiece! So I guess Daves my good luck charm. Anyway, it was the 6th anniversary of our first date, so it was fun. We always get all dressed up and have a good time. So, so far the Holiday season has been great!! Here are some pictures from our party, this is literally the ONLY time Dave wear's a tie every year... :)

2 comments:

Peggy said...

I love reading your posts Kristen! Pretty tree don't you just love it when you can get new ornaments!
You and Dave look so great together! I can't believe it has been that many years!

Anonymous said...

I love your tree! Super impressed with your decorating abilities...And how fun, a "fancy" date, whats that like?