Wednesday, June 15, 2011

8 weeks old!

Sydnie Anne!
You're growing up way too fast. Please stay little forever!
How in the world has 8 weeks gone by? I seriously don't know... you are getting so big already. Today as you were napping Mommy was going thru your clothes & packing up several that no longer fit you. I can't believe you're already growing out of your "newborn" clothes. :'( Lengthwise you're just growing out of everything. But your a little beanpole so widthwise you still fit that newborn stuff.
You are too cute for words. But I will try to express in words all your cuteness.

You smile like CRAZY~ all day. You love to talk & be talked to. And you love to smile, and be smiled at. Your favorite places to have "deep conversations" with me is your changing table, and on a blanket in the backyard. You just get super happy & talkative when you are laying flat on your back, so you can wiggle and squirm about. You flap your hands out, and kick your legs, and just move move move as your talking to me in your little baby coo's. It's pretty much my favorite thing EVER.
You absolutely LOVE the outside... and anything that is bright or gives off light. So you love to stare out the windows, or at the windows, or up at the lights. You are most content when we go outside in the backyard and lay on the blanket under the tree & look up at the sky thru the branches. You seriously are so content & would stay there looking up at the sky for hours if you didn't get hungry. We spend several hours a week outside.
You have beautiful blue eyes. The most gorgeous shade of blue ever! I had hoped you'd get my green eyes, but as of right now, you have baby blues! Just like your Daddy. You love to look at people & observe them. You look like you have so much going on in that little noggin of yours. You are so curious, and observant, and interested in people. You have the funniest facial expressions when you're "observing" people. Your little eyebrows go up & down, like you are just taking it all in, and have such an opinion about it. I can only imagine all that is going on inside that little head of yours!
You just LOVE your playpad. At 8 weeks, you are already grabbing & hitting all the toys & playing with them. You love to lay there & play.
Just this past week you started sleeping thru the night. One 5 hour stint, 2 6 hour stints, & one verrrry long 8 hour stint! I was so proud of you, and so happy to get some much needed rest. :)
Every morning we wake up, change you into one of your many cute outfits, and of course, ALWAYS put a bow on your head. When you don't have a bow on your head, I feel like you don't look like yourself! haha. Silly me. But I just love to dress & doll you up. You don't seem to mind either.
You love tummy time with Daddy. And he sticks his tongue out at you and you copy him. You both find this very amusing. You LOVE your Daddy.
Sydnie Anne, we just love you so much! Can't imagine our lives without you. I wouldn't change being your Mommy for anything in the world. The last 8 weeks has been the happiest, most challenging, exciting, overwhelming, & most rewarding time in my life.
LOVE YOU BABY GIRL!


You had nap today, in your actual CRIB, instead of the bassinet next to Mommy. I realized it was probably time to start slowly getting you use to the crib... sad for me, but you didn't seem to mind! Slept like a gem!


We went on a walk today in the sling.... you loved it! I loved it because your bundled up so little and close to me like when you were in my tummy. It was cute.

No comments: