Monday, February 2, 2009

Just what the doctor ordered...

I must say, how does anyone in the world survive with out their Moms? I know it's hard enough for me with her being 10 hours away in Arizona.. and I don't know what I'd do without her. I've been having some struggles lately, and there is nothing, absolutely NOTHING like a Mom to take care of you, and love you, and make you feel like you can conquer the world.
I came in on Thursday, and we just spent the day relaxing, had dinner.... and then I made her go jogging with me-- what a hoot that was! :) Then we came back, sat in the hot tub while we were in the hot tub, looking at stars in the sky. And let me tell you... the weather there is just perfect right now, like springtime in Utah. I was LOVIN' it.


The next day was even better... wow! She took me to this resort called The Princess... and a spa at the resort called Willowstream. Now, I must admit, I love spas, and have been to quite a few in my day. But there was NOTHING that compared to the amazingness of this. We relaxed in the mineral pool, then up top in the outdoor pool we laid in the sun, played in the mineral pool waterfalls, relaxed in the hot tub, and in the steam room, and the BEST the "inhalation room" which was just this dark cool room that was surrounded by aromatherapy type scents. Heaven! We then got pedicures... best pedicure of my life! I sipped on the most delicious "prickly pear" lemonade.... and my absolutely NEW favorite drink ever, the Kiwi Cactus iced tea. It was divine, and a day I will never forget.







That night we went to see my AMAZING cousin play in his band called The PJ's... I had never heard him play, and I was just so amazed. He was great, and it was so much fun to see him, and to see him play. He's so talented.


(Me & my cousin Jeremy)

(The PJ's!)

( me & the Band)

The next day we headed out to Sedona, AZ.... which is so much like Southern Utah, big red rocks, and mountains. But very beautiful & fun.










All in all, it was amazing... to be with my Mom, and to forget about life problems... she is the best! Moms can solve everything... at least temporarily!! :) I miss my Mom already... some time away and being with my Mom is just what I needed! :)

4 comments:

JuliaDi said...

I could NOT wait til you got here Thursday and I cried like a baby when you left Sunday...I think we created what will be one of my very best memories EVER! We have to make thisATLEAST a semi-annual event ...

How extremely fortunate I am to have a daughter like you and how much I admire and love you! You are an amazing and strong lady who is so beautiful inside and out!! I love you, Kristen!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you had fun....I sure hope that you thought about me while you were being pampered! Jealous, that spa looks AMAZING!

Chelsea said...

looks like you guys had a blast, i am going to have a hard time leaving my mom next year! You and your mom are so dang cute

Stacey said...

Okay I'm very jealous. That looks heavenly right about now. We went to California last week and it poured rain the whole time. I am still happy for you though.