Thursday, November 20, 2008

Deck The Halls!

Well, it has begun!! The Christmas COUNTDOWN! I know, I know, we have not even had Thanksgiving yet, right? Well, I'm just too darn excited, so this weekend we are putting up Christmas in our place, and the Holiday festivities will soon begin!
We LOVE Christmas, and are so excited. The week of Thanksgiving is always such a fun one for us, we both usually only have to work Monday & Tuesday, so we get an extra long weekend, spending it eating, Christmas shopping, and spending time with Family & Friends. And this year is no exception. Next week is packed full of fun Holiday things. My Mom & Grandma are flying into town, and we have 3 different places to go to for Thanksgiving... that's the joy of having divorced parents, and inlaws!
With the holidays starting, I wanted to share a recipe for my favorite Christmas treat, it's delicious and a family tradition. This recipe has been used in my family since before my Mom was born, and its the best.
Enjoy!!

GINGERSNAPS
Cream together:
1 1/2 Cup softened butter or margarine
2 Cups of Sugar

Add & continue creaming
2 eggs

1/2 Cup Molasses
Mix in
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger

Add
4 1/2 Cups flour - this is an approximate amount - you can vary this according to the desired hardness of the cookies. (we like them extra "snappy")
Chill dough. Roll in balls. Dip in sugar. (you can use red or green colored sugar to add a Holiday touch) Bake @ 350 for 10-12 minutes.

ENJOY!

4 comments:

Peggy said...

I love the snowflakes that fall! So cute. I am excited for Christmas too! Thanks for the recipe I will have to make some cookies! Have fun decorating!

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I love gingersnaps, thanks for the recipe....Have fun this week if I dont talk to you!

JuliaDi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JuliaDi said...

Well, i like MY Gingersnaps a little soft and chewy...so there! Can't wait to come back for Chritmas, this week has been a blast with you! I love you!!!
MA